How To Get 3G S WITHOUT a Contract!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThE.MeSsEnGeR, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

I'm not really sure if it works, but I saw this website, and I thought about letting you guys know!! :D

http://www.ziphone.org/2009/06/how-to-order-brand-new-iphone-3-gs.html

but, anyway, it still IS $599/$699!

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Yeah, AT&T and Apple have been selling them contract free (for a very high price) for the last few months.

3. drpellypo macrumors 6502

We can do that in the UK. You just click the phone you want, and then click add to basket. Contract free! lol.

4. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

cool trick, just tried it and it does indeed work for the US store. Dutch, UK and Japanese store do not work. I hope it will work when the iPhone is released over here next friday... Otherwise I'll probably just get a simlock free one in Belgium instead :)

[edit]
    I just had a look at the UK and Italian stores (which allow you to buy the iPhone contract free) and the iPhone 3Gs 32Gb black have different product numbers over there, respectively K2719B/A and MC133T/A. Using those partnumber in the firebug hack (obviously) works. I guess if you would know the proper article number in other countries the hack would probably work there as well? Anybody knows the product number for the 32GB 3GS in Germany for example?
    [/edit]

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Unfortunately the phone's still locked to O2...

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

In Firebug on Apple's site, you can't edit the Part number, it's read only.
    HTML:
    <input type="text" value="" name="add-by-part-number" id="add-by-part-number" __parametersid="parameters_165" [B]disabled="" readonly="" class="read-only disabled"/>[/B]
    Hate to rain on the theft parade!:rolleyes:

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Hate to put up my umbrella, but I appear to have a special version of Firebug that allows theft.