how to get a 3g sim card cincy bell

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jlreed23, Oct 19, 2010.

1. jlreed23 macrumors newbie

Hi i currently have a 3g iphone. It is unlocked and jailbroken. I use cincinnati bell for the carrier. Everything works great. i can recieve pictures, call, text, and use edge. I was wanting to use the 3g that the phone is capable of. I dont currently have a 3g sim card. how do i go about going into the store and getting a 3g sim card? will they simply hand one over to me? or what Thanks for all the advice and opinions.

2. Lyshen macrumors 6502

Assuming the network and iPhone supports the proper 3G frequencies, just ask them to upgrade your sim card to 3G capable one. I'd call customer service first to see if you can just walk in to any store or need to go to a particular store.

Had a friend that needed that in Taiwan when she took her iphone to Taiwan, evidently her sim was super old... She had to go to one of the main offices to get it.

3. jlreed23 thread starter macrumors newbie

my iphone and network should support it right? what all do i need to check so that im sure i can use 3g? i got the phone unlocked and jailbroken so im not sure.