How to get a cheaper Incase sleeve for the MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RichardF, Sep 22, 2008.

1. RichardF macrumors 6502a

RichardF

I want the Incase MacBook Air sleeve but would like to find a discount code or similar method to lower the $35 price-tag when ordering it.

Any ideas?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

eBay, search coupon sites, froogle...

The most you'd probably get off it would be about $5 anyway.

3. RichardF thread starter macrumors 6502a

RichardF

Yep, done all that.

You are right though, an e-bay seller has it for $29.99 but I would rather buy from Apple, Incase or a local BB or CC store.

4. SLCentral macrumors regular

I can tell you that wholesale cost of one of these cases is ~$15. Hope that helps with the search.

5. RichardF thread starter macrumors 6502a

RichardF

Thank you, it's good to know.

I am afraid, I couldn't buy them from a wholesaler and in retail no one will care I know their margin though.

Last year I found a great deal on the Incase case for 15" MBP right in the Apple stores. Perhaps I'll wait to see what they'll offer this year.

Just as a point of reference: Goincase.com won't charge me sales tax to ship to NY but want $34.95 + $8.62 shipping (UPS ground) + $1 handling = $44.57!

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I picked up a nice Case Logic 13" at MWSF '08 for about $15 plus tax and they were selling for $34.99. I also picked up a nice Higher Ground Laptrap 13" for $55, that way my MBA doesn't get smashed while it's in my backpack (at the time I used it for my MB). Don't want any undue pressure on my MBA...:p

7. RichardF thread starter macrumors 6502a

RichardF

Yes, the CaseLogic sleeve is good too it seems (reversible) but I prefer the simplicity of the Incase.

8. abzme macrumors newbie

I work for a garment company in NYC and made my own with Neoprene fabric and two easy stitches. I didn't like the zipper and instead made it like a sock, snuggly wrapping my Air. It's great. I like it cause it's still not bulky in my bag.

I was gonna sell them for $10 bucks but never got around to it. I'll sell them for $5 (for the sewing and material) if you're interested. Just email me.

I'd put pictures up to show you but every time I try to it says 'upload fail' so who knows why....

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I took a close look at the InCase sleeve as well, and it seemed to have a nice snug fit for the MBA. Whichever you choose, I hope you get a good price. All these sleeves seem to have gone up in price since MWSF '08... Good luck.:cool:

10. RichardF thread starter macrumors 6502a

RichardF