Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
England
I have downloaded my first album from iTunes! Woohoo! Ok, not such a big thing really.

So now the album is in iTunes, but how can I make a back up of that album to sit with all the other music I have on my pc hard drive, please?

Jeonat

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
United Kingdom
Well the music files you downloaded will be in your iTunes Music Folder, which, assuming you've left it as the default will be in My Documents > My Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > <artist name> > <album name>.

You can then copy them onto a backup drive or other folder, DVD etc.

Alternatively right click a song off the album in iTunes and click Show in Explorer. It will then open an explorer window with that track (and all the rest from the album) in it.

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
England
Ah yes, I see. Thank you.

I notice then, that the iTunes downloaded file is in MPEG4 format - and won't play in Windows Media Player - can it be converted to wma or not?

It's not the end of the world. My main concern is to create a back up of downloaded files from the web so that if my pc crashes like I know it can do, I would like a backup as reliable as having my old collection of cds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.