How to get a FAN?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 14, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

My employer (Sears) has no info on the matter. They said to take a pay stub to ATT and then I'll get a discount? Someone else told me I'll have to fax some crap to ATT (Radioshack person). Hopefully it's the first option. Thanks for any info!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

We don't have IDs, just name badges (lanyards) we wear around our necks all day.

4. cjrulli macrumors regular

5. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Well...I'd start by taking a pay stub to ATT and get your discount...

I just had to put my .Mil email account in for the premier account.

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

7. iNick1020 macrumors newbie

Fan

i was working at the GAP and all i did was go to the AT&T stand in the mall where my store was and tell the guy i worked there, all he did was take my name and now i haven't worked there in over a year yet i still get the discount lol. But im pretty sure he was supposed to do more, i asked him if he needed a pay stub and he was like, Nah man, i trust you lol so idk. If i was you i would bring a pay stub along with ur ID (state ID like drivers or fed.) and you should be all good.

8. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Um, we don't get emails at Sears being bottom of the food chain retail workers. Any real advice?

9. cjrulli macrumors regular

Than do exactly as stated above, just bring a pay stub to an AT&T rep and hopefully they can do something for you.

10. dpw84 macrumors member

I think you already got some good advice.

11. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

How about you TAKE YOUR PAYSTUB ATT...

Obviously you want the easiest possibly answer, but maybe your employer had the right idea.

12. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Okay. :confused:

13. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Just curious since I don't think I'm part of this; but do FAN accounts get a discount on the phone, service, or both?

14. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

depends on ur company's deal with AT&T i've seen both, normally its just service, but some have special deals with phones as well

15. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I don't believe the iPhone has any discounts for FAN...

As someone else mentioned the iPhone has a protected price. I'm not really concerned about that though, I just want the service discount.

16. hushmartin macrumors 6502

FAN doesn't apply to iPhones, but it might apply to other phones. It can apply to accessories purchased on ATT's website depending on the FAN.

To get a FAN applied without much hassle, the best way is to do it when you are buying a new phone. You can do it anytime really, but I've noticed that the salespeople get real grumpy when you make them work without buying anything. You just need to show your paystub to the ATT sales person and ask for the discount to be applied to the account.

17. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

18. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I did this today with my .edu email address today.

I got an email in return saying i will see my discount in one or two billing cycles. Let's hope it works. No where did it say the amount of the discount.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Don't know where you heard that one, but it most definitely applies to iPhones. Now, not really to the PURCHASE of an iPhone, no. But the FAN applies to the account (read: the monthly bill), and if applicable, any accessories.

I am an employee of my University, and I've had my FAN on my Family Plan (2 iPhones includes on that plan) for the past 3 years.

BL.

20. outphase macrumors 65816

Use the original link you got sent to you at the beginning. Click on Current Offers on the page that opens up.

21. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

my "old" company i just punched in my then email and it came up with a 28% FAN. At the ATT store they made me show a paystub. Then they put it in but it took the kid 1.5hrs to do it. idiot. he kept saying the 28% HAS TO BE WRONG. so he kept calling his manager who was at home.

22. me2000 macrumors 6502

My former :)D) employer had a sign in the breakroom with a URL to the discount site, which allowed you to sign up without any paystub or email address... wish I still had that URL in case I lost the discount somehow. It's 25% off!