Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisp92

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
so you wanna get a iphone 3gs?
but done wanna pay for it?
how about getting unlimited text and data!?

well in australia you can go on the $113.99 optus plan and you get unlimited voice and texting. you get 1.5 gb of data as well. this plan has no handset repayments.

i just wanted to know if america had something like this? what are at&t's plans like??
how much do you have to pay a month.

for those who wanna see the optus plans, click this link.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
That's not really "free," but it sounds like a decent deal. The same deal would probably cost $150 on AT&T ($100 unlimited voice, $20 unlimited text, $30 data). AT&T offers an unspoken 5GB of "unlimited" data, but that's about your only difference.

Really, people who spend that much money should get deeper cuts than the freebie phone crowd. When I found out that people who spend more than $100 with AT&T are eligible for upgrades sooner, I thought that was nice.

No, AT&T doesn't have anything like that here.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
so you wanna get a iphone 3gs?
but done wanna pay for it?
how about getting unlimited text and data!?

well in australia you can go on the $113.99 optus plan and you get unlimited voice and texting. you get 1.5 gb of data as well. this plan has no handset repayments.

i just wanted to know if america had something like this? what are at&t's plans like??
how much do you have to pay a month.

for those who wanna see the optus plans, click this link.

You forgot to mention that tethering is part of that deal too :D

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
This thread title is a bit misleading. It sounds like a spam thread. You should really rephrase it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.