Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
so on launch day my apple store was sold out as was my best buy..oh wait correction: on launch day they only has 32gig.. today they only have 64gig.. something don't add up there..

the employee at apple said to go online tonight (sat 11-3) after 10pm and order one and i could pick it up at the store this sunday.. does that sound right??

right now it says for delivery 11-27!!

i am tempted to go to apple and be first in line monday morning.. (i'm assuming thats when they get stock in?

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
Hit up Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, or your local electronics retailer and check if they have the Mini in stock or call them.

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
so on launch day my apple store was sold out as was my best buy..oh wait correction: on launch day they only has 32gig.. today they only have 64gig.. something don't add up there..

the employee at apple said to go online tonight (sat 11-3) after 10pm and order one and i could pick it up at the store this sunday.. does that sound right??

right now it says for delivery 11-27!!

i am tempted to go to apple and be first in line monday morning.. (i'm assuming thats when they get stock in?

This is apparently true. I know they have done this in the past for iPhone. I spoke to one Apple rep at the store last night who said they weren't doing this yet. I then spoke to someone today who said they were starting tonight, and he had just put out a sign on the sales floor advertising this so people would know. So, this is what I plan to do. The trick though is to select the option to pick-up in store as opposed to having it shipped to your house. If you get in soon enough based on the stock available for the next shopping day, then this should guarantee you a unit. You then have to pick it up the next business day or you will forfeit your iPad Mini. Of course all of this depends on shipments of units, and if your store doesn't get any in for the next morning then you won't have one to reserve in their system. Two different reps at my store today told me they expected no shipments in today (Saturday), and that they do not get shipments on Sundays. So I am doubtful that I will have a unit before Monday at the earliest.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I walked into my best buy yesterday at 11am and it was a ghost town. I asked if they had any minis left and they said they received 20 and only sold 3 so far. I asked if they had black 16gig and he snagged one and I was out in 10 mins.. I did have to drive to the apple store for a Smart Cover though, best buy didn't have any..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.