How to get a iPhone 4 for my wife???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vijay007, Jun 18, 2010.

1. vijay007 macrumors regular

I sold my 3GS 4 weeks back and to get a full discounted iPhone 4, I will be adding another line under my wife's name. I will be using that phone and line for myself (Terminating my 3GS line once I get iPhone 4).

Now suddenly my wife wants one for herself :)

I am not sure how I will be able to get her also a fully subsidized iPhone 4. Can anyone tell me if its possible? Is it possible to open two new lines under her name? Any other options?

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

Why don't you call AT&T? You'd have an answer by now.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Yes you can open more than one in her name. Both mine and the Mrs. are both in my name.

Why don't you call them and get back with us.

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Now *that's* funny!

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

This sounds like a stupid plan. If you add 2 new lines then terminate the original 3gs line you will pay an ETF on that line and lose the number.

You are probably eligible for an early upgrade which will be $399 for the 16gb so $200 more. Once you pay the ETF you really haven't saved anything. Sounds like a dumb plan to me.

Also you said you sold the 3gs so you got money for that which I'm hoping you got at least $200 for it that wipes out the $200 of early upgrade price. Now it sounds even dumber.

7. hawkeye23 macrumors newbie

Just give her your phone. Your life will be a lot easier.

8. vijay007 thread starter macrumors regular

I got $450 from selling my 3GS. The termination fees I would pay for the 3GS line is arround 100 bucks (I am fine with loosing the number and getting a new one).

If I upgrade on the 3GS line, I will be paying 399, whereas by adding a line I pay only 200 + 100 (early termination). Adding a line seems like the best deal to get an iPhone 4 for myself.

I just have to find out if I can add a 2nd line and get my wife also an iPhone 4. Going to call AT&T.