How to get a list of whats installed from Cydia??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMrNiceGuy0023, Oct 14, 2009.

1. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

is there a file on the iphone that will show all the 3rd party apps and everything downloaded from Cydia??

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Open Cydia
    Touch Manage on the bottom
    Touch Packages

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was thinking more of SSHing into it to view a file stored on the iPhone..I need to restore my phone and cant access anything on my phone via touch screen

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You can always use apt commands if you have Apt installed.

6. foob macrumors 6502

foob

You can run dpkg -l to get a list of installed packages. I think it is installed with Cydia. Apt has to be installed seperately. The file /var/lib/dpkg/status lists everything you have installed plus a lot more info such as dependencies. "cat /var/lib/dpkg/status | grep Package" will list only the names of everything installed.

7. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

http://www.todaywasawesome.com/2009/04/08/backup-cydia-apps-iphone/

from link:
    ..fire up the terminal and create a file to store our list. This can all be handled with one command.

dpkg --get-selections > myapps.txt

Putting this code into terminal will create a text file called “myapps.txt” which contains all the selections you’ve made in Cydia.

Edit: I just tried this way and foob's way and foob's is MUCH better. Just drag the file to your desktop and open with wordpad.