Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gawelte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hello,

I have generated bitmaps of computer screens, which I imported into Final Cut.

I then generated a QuickTime movie, as a test. When I play the test in QT viewer, the results are excellent.

But if, in Final Cut, I play the video in full-screen mode, it looks terrible. The resolution is low, and diagonal lines appear as broad stair-steps.

Yet this is the same video which I used to produce the (excellent and different-as-to-quality) QT video.

Thus, the question arises "How do I preview my video ?" Final Cut produces video of one quality, while QT produces video of another quality. Will "printing to video" produce yet another type of video quality ?

Thank you.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Hello,

I have generated bitmaps of computer screens, which I imported into Final Cut.

I then generated a QuickTime movie, as a test. When I play the test in QT viewer, the results are excellent.

But if, in Final Cut, I play the video in full-screen mode, it looks terrible. The resolution is low, and diagonal lines appear as broad stair-steps.

Yet this is the same video which I used to produce the (excellent and different-as-to-quality) QT video.

Thus, the question arises "How do I preview my video ?" Final Cut produces video of one quality, while QT produces video of another quality. Will "printing to video" produce yet another type of video quality ?

Thank you.

What is the resolution of the video you made of your bitmaps?
I'm guessing they're high resolution.

What settings did you use when you made your Final Cut project?

Go to Final Cut -> Easy Set up and make sure your settings are HDV - Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60 ( or 720p30 ).

gawelte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Thank you huntercr, you solved the problem

Thank you huntercr, your solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.