How To Get A Watch Fast

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 8CoreWhore, Oct 3, 2016.

1. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Hey, guys. I was able to go online, buy the Watch, and walk into the store and pick it up an hour later.
    So here's my saga - Last Thursday I get online to order the Watch, I pick out the Gray Alum, with black sport band 42mm. There was a choice to have it shipped to my home or pick up in store. So I thought I'd check the store option and it asked me to choose the store in my zip code and I did.

But there was a link to "see more stores" and I clicked on that just to see what it showed. I'm in Dallas so there's several stores in the area. I scrolled down and one of the stores said it would be ready for pick up tomorrow. What?! As it was close to closing time I thought maybe it's in store now so I called them and they said no it'll be tomorrow. So I hung up and went back to paying for it so I could get it tomorrow.

But then all of a sudden it says Nov 3rd! Drats! Because I delayed someone else grabbed it. I missed it by seconds and now I was going to have to wait 5 weeks! So I thought I'll keep trying this each day and see if I get lucky.

So the next day I go through the same motions and it's now saying Nov 4th. Dang. But the next day Saturday, I do it again and it shows it avail NOW at Willowbend Mall 11 miles from me. So I pay real fast. (have your payment info already in there to save time IT WON'T LAST!)

A half hour later I get a text that it's ready to pick up. I drive over get it and walk out. I told the Apple employee this and he was surprised.

So if you want one fast just keep doing this twice a day looking at that list of all the Apple stores in your area until you get one. If you get it and you already have 1 on order just cancel that order. Of course the more stores around the more chance of this working but it's worth a shot.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

How is that 'fast' compared to people who got theirs on launch day???????:eek::D

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This seems like an incredibly detailed way to say "keep checking daily for local in store pickup". :)

Enjoy your Watch.

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Ordered my wife's 38mm at Bestbuy and 3 days later it was ready for pickup, I ordered my 42mm over the weekend and I get it tomorrow. Both of the models we got show 3-5 weeks out on Apple.com. I'm not sure why Apple is supplying BB before their on stores but I'm glad they are?

6. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Is getting it on launch day an option for people now? \

Yes, wise guys, I know some know about this yet others don't. That's why forums exist. For those that ordered and are getting it in a month from now, this is a way to get it much faster. It's reasonable to think that many will see that no stores have it and just think well that's that. But there's another option.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You can always call your Apple Store and use the prompt for 'Manager'. They can advise If they have anything in stock as well.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Nobody was trying to be smart. Sarcastic maybe. I just think you went into incredible detail to say what could have been said in a single sentence.

Anyway good looking out.

9. secretagnt macrumors member

secretagnt

here is what I did and I have no idea how I would up with it .... the gf said she wanted a rose gold 38mm .... so I watch the local store and they finally get one in stock .... BAM head over to the store as I am less than 5 minutes away ... a 42mm SS milanese loop S2 also shows in stock for a second or so and then unavailable ... so I think "oh well I missed it" and keep pursuing the 38mm ... get to the store and get ready to pay for the 388mm RG and just happen to ask if they had a 42mm ..... yes we have one SS milanese loop if you would like I can have it out in a minute or so .... SOLD