Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InfoTime

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I've pretty much ruled out AT&T, Best Buy and Radio Shack. That leaves Walmart and Apple.

If you don't have a reservation or pre-order how do you plan to get your new iPhone on launch day?

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
sadly i wasnt able to preorder due to att's crap servers, im in the same boat you are, just show up to an apple store and get there a few hours before the store opens.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
In less than 31 hours (my local time), it is going to be insane. The fact the kiddies are all out for summer vacation won't help either.

Don't make Walmart an option. 16GB only and very limited. Go to the Apple Store. More in stock and more options for accessories. Start packing and planning your strategy. There is a meet-up section here. The earlier, the better. 12am-2am will do. I know someone planning to head to my nearest Apple Store before midnight, so that means less than 12 hours from now. Again, with so many teens out, tomorrow is no longer a school night. Social gathering and lots of loitering beyond any curfew.

I already got an appointment set for BB, but I still want to be part of the hype watching a grand opening of an Apple Store near me as well as getting a bumper without waiting in the reserved or walk-in lines. I just want a free t-shirt and accessory, and I'm out the door fast.

InfoTime

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
The guys at Walmart told me they don't expect to have 32 GB models as they've only ever had 16 GBs before. But, a quick check of their website shows the 3GS in all it's flavors and sizes.

One problem I have - my wife is out of town and I'll have a 6 year old with me, makes it hard to get there at midnight :D He'd be good for 2-3 hours in the morning and I can have someone pick him up from the line if it takes longer.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
The guys at Walmart told me they don't expect to have 32 GB models as they've only ever had 16 GBs before. But, a quick check of their website shows the 3GS in all it's flavors and sizes.

One problem I have - my wife is out of town and I'll have a 6 year old with me, makes it hard to get there at midnight :D He'd be good for 2-3 hours in the morning and I can have someone pick him up from the line if it takes longer.

Daycare?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.