how to get apps on iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by rhys105, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

I have jailbroken my iPod. I have the open ssh turned on now where can I get the third party apps?

2. mattydub macrumors member

Is this a joke??? Check the forums before you ask questions like this dude...
    To save everyone else the time of answering you (since I am at work anyway) you use the installer.app!!!!!

That should be self explanitory... it is called INSTALLER.... lol hence, it INSTALLS apps...

3. rjames86 macrumors member

Maybe you need to read a little closer, matty. He's asking where you FIND apps, not how to install them.

4. mattydub macrumors member

well, as far as I know, you find the apps. in installer as well. Install community resources and it opens up a hole mess of apps.

Isn't that basically the samething anyway???

5. rjames86 macrumors member

Well I actually wondered that for a while myself. After a lot of searching I've found the iphone apps on bit torrent sites. Besides that yes, its very easy to find the apps. I thought the Installer was just something to allow you to install the apps and didn't come with any.

6. boonguyen macrumors newbie

Can you tell me where to get iPhone App's??

Please...I have already jailbreaked "slovix" my iTouch. I've installed lots of apps, but cannot get the iPhone apps. Can I install them without a computer (straight from my iTouch)??

7. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

ok...here is your answer, There may be other routes to take but this is how I did it. first go ahead and go to itunes and restore your touch, then do a search for ijailbreak, this is the one you might have read about that was written by a 13yr old boy. Anyway, just follow the directions, it will ask you if you want to add the iphone apps during the jailbreak process, it has a few more steps than the one click method but it works really well.

8. cmuench macrumors member