How to get back paid apps after computer AND iphone crash

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by xyz321, Aug 5, 2011.

1. xyz321 macrumors newbie

Hi

My iphone decided to crash down last week and had to restore to factory settings. I used to sync my phone to my laptop, which also crashed. Now i reset the iphone and installed itunes on a new laptop. i authorised new computer with my itunes account.

How do i get the paid apps back? I tried to go to the store through itunes and it asked me to pay for it. I looked at previous purchase information available in my account but that account doesnt give me recent info. Emailed apple customer services two days ago but no reply.

any ideas?

Thanks
    Z

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Easy To Do Now

Apple introduced a "Purchased" feature in the recnt iTunes update.

Connect your device, log in to iTunes account and go to the store screen.

You will see in red a "Purchased" entry.

Click on this to download all your paid for apps and music.:)

3. xyz321 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that earlier and it does show apps that i have downloaded, however mysteriously it only shows all free apps. I have purchased three apps total (all angry bird versions) and none of them appear in the purchased list...

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just Download them again it'll look like it's going to charge but pop up and say you've previously purchased and won't be charged.

5. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

I'm assuming they save on your computer first and your Apple ID will always have a copy in their system. Just log in and go to purcahsed.

6. xyz321 thread starter macrumors newbie

As i mentioned earlier under this purchased option i cant not see paid apps. i can only see free apps.

7. xyz321 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but when i click on the app for first time, it gives me another warning saying i would be charged immediately.

8. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Your best bet would be to look for a 99 cent paid app you already bought and click purchase. It might just say that but afterward say you already purchased this item. I'm not for sure so make sure you can make a 99 cent charge just in case....but if I remember right this worked for me..