How to get back the Applications Icon !?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thinkbig12, Aug 14, 2008.

1. thinkbig12 macrumors member

Hi

It may seem like a newbie question. I'm new to all this. I've always used pc's :cool:

On Finder, under Places, there used to be an Applications Icon. I dragged it on my desktop, thinking it will appear on my desktop as an Icon. It did not, the icon got deleted...:confused:

How can I bring back that icon ?

Thanks!

Pardon my english, if something is unclear, just tell me.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Click on Finder in the Menu bar, and look under Preferences. Look in the Sidebar pane, and there are a number of tick boxes to show what folders and stuff appear in the sidebar. just select Applications, and that should do the trick.

3. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot!

And is there a way to put the application icon on my desktop ?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Click on applications folder (or documents, music, etc on the left pane), then use keyboard shortcut COMMAND-UPARROW to go up a level.

You can then
    - Drag Applications folder back to left pane,
    - Make an alias to put onto your desktop, or
    - Drag Applications folder into the right side of the dock (to the right of dividers)

5. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

Doing what you said brings me back to the main HDD? I don't really understand how to use it?

I've a got another answer. For example, I just installed LimeWire. When I click Applications (under places), there's the LimeWire install folder. Is there a way to move that folder to the Application Folder and only let the LimeWire executable icon in Applications (under places)?

Thanks

6. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

ok so im a bit confused abt what youre asking. if you want the applications folder on your desktop, make an alias of it from your home folder. (right click and make the alias, then drag it to your desktop).

about limewire, where is your limewire application?

7. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry, I didnt mean Answer, I meant Question, sorry my bad.

I have one question. I just installed LimeWire. I installed the installation folder under Application ( under Places) . What I want to do it transfer this installation folder to my application folder, and only place a shortcut in my applications (under places).

Thanks, sorry for the mess Ive written lol

8. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

clarity!

lol, its ok.
    the applications spot in the places section is the same as your applications folder. if you put it in the folder, it will appear when you go to applications in the finder. i think thats what you mean.