Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dyonchak89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I was in the Apple store when i bought my new Macbook Pro 13.3 yesterday and saw how they had Microsoft Office icons all in a black folder on the dock and it sat on the right hand side.

How do i get my icons to appear in a folder like that? I saw previous posts that say right click and display folder...right click what? New to Mac here.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I was in the Apple store when i bought my new Macbook Pro 13.3 yesterday and saw how they had Microsoft Office icons all in a black folder on the dock and it sat on the right hand side.

How do i get my icons to appear in a folder like that? I saw previous posts that say right click and display folder...right click what? New to Mac here.
You can right-click on a folder icon on the Dock and select Display as > Folder.

Restoring Folders to the Dock

minisuds7

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
The U.P. of Michigan
I'm pretty sure that if you go to your applications folder and find the black Office folder, you can just drag it to the dock. I personally don't have office so I can't test this theory, but that's how you get other apps into the dock.

dyonchak89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Right click what folder? Its just Microsoft Office icons and all the other stuff that is normal on the dock.

How do you right click? obviously what i am doing is not right.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Right click what folder? Its just Microsoft Office icons and all the other stuff that is normal on the dock.

Look at the link I posted. It has a picture that should help.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Under system preferences > trackpad > Secondary Click

Attachments

• rightclick.png
    rightclick.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 78
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.