how to get case marks off your iphone? with picture!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arctyler, Jun 30, 2012.

1. arctyler, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

arctyler macrumors regular

around my rear camera and and the front camera around the speaker are marks the case left when it was on my iphone and i cant get them off, have any of you had any luck getting them off

2. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

heres a picture

Attached Files:

3. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

It hasn't happened to me but I'd try using alcohol (rubbing alcohol, perfume or drinkable alcohol) with a tissue and rub really hard.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

5. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

ive tried everything and i still cant get them off, i looked really close and it looks like in some spots it looks like the moon with craters and then it has scratches connecting them.... ill upload some more pictures tomorrow, its around the camera in the back and apple symbol, im going to try idrops and see if it takes it away

6. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

That's what she s...never mind.

A microfiber cloth with a bit of water on it usually does the trick.

7. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

if its scratched, your not gonna get them off.

you could try some glass polish or some resin polish (a very little amount and dont rub too hard).

that is only if the alchohol will not remove it.

For the future, i have found that the screen protector + bumper is the best bet for the 4

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Try using a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" available at any supermarket chain in the cleaning aisle. But please be very careful and try it on a part of the iPhone that, in your opinion, is already scratched beyond help....those erasers are made of melamine foam and they can scratch glossy surfaces. But they can also buff out some as well.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Like a lot of us try not using a case at all, and go naked.

I just use a sgp carbon fibre back on mine.

Like already said use a micro fibre cloth frequently to see if those marks fade.

10. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

What case were you using?

And for the guys that run your phone naked, kudos. I can't do it. My phone had a case within a week of buying it.

Now I just roll with an Apple bumper and carbon fiber back...and a screen protector.

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Bumper here, just because you can't hold on to the damn thing otherwise.

12. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The s.g.p carbon fibre backing helps.

Also The Luck Labs decal strips help.

13. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

haha im going naked more often.... i hated all my bumpers ive ever had, i started with a cheap one that was a complete pile, then i bought one of those black ops fakes and a regular black all over one, and i was switching those two up every so often, then the threads inside the blackops bumper stripped, so i still have that in my drawer, then the black one just got boring as hell having to remove the screws every 2 weeks to get all the dust and grime out from under it, now ive been rocking a otterbox case, that left those marks, now shes naked, ive been thinking about trying a apple bumper with a sgp tempered glass protector and for back protection ive been thinking about just swapping it with a clear back, with no protection, so i dont really give 2 asses if that 15 dollar back gets scratched, but i like going naked more, it just feels so nice, the buttons and everything

----------

i wish i had a dslr camera so i can really show u how it looks, i can barely see it but theres like indents all around where the case was

14. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Awesome.

15. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ahhhh the classic otter box defender marks. i know the feeling. what i did was just took a microfibre cloth and rubbed with my nails as hard as i could then i bought a bumper case :)

16. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

the moral of that story is to not buy replica/ fake

I learnt that the genuine apple ones do not mark your phone where as the fake ones do. ive had my genuine one installed with its second set of screen protectors for just over a year and still its spic and span (although the bumper needs replacing shortly) i think its served its purpose very well