How to get Contacts from iPhone to iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by veevixxen, Jun 29, 2009.

1. veevixxen macrumors newbie

I just recently got a 3GS. I'm wondering how to get all the Contact info from my first generation iPhone onto the 3GS. Syncing won't work for me, as I hand input all my Contact info into my first gen phone.

I also recently got a new computer, so all the stuff on my first gen iPhone was never synced to my new computer as I didn't want to erase the music that was already on my first gen phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

The only thing I can think of is to sign up for a trial of MobileMe. That way, you can upload your contacts and then sync then to your desktop's Address Book and new iPhone. Somebody may have a better idea.

3. soukouss macrumors newbie

1/ Concerning the music you can use Pod to Mac - 12 or iPodRip. Be carefull, the last version of iPodRip is OS3.0 compatible. Don't know if it will work with OS2.0. No information about Pod to Mac - 1

2/ For your contacts, did you try the iTunes "Contacts sync" with the option "Put the contacts created on this iPhone in the group - select a group - " ?

good luck.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Just plug in the iPod, tell it to NOT sync your music and tell it to sync your contacts, calendars and email.

Or use something like Senuti to get the music off your phone to your computer.

What is with people and not backing up their stuff anywhere?

5. veevixxen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help and tips! I just synced the contacts and they are all on my 3GS now.