How to get contacts from iPhone to MobileMe and Outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrochester, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Right, I have all my contacts on my iPhone. How do I get these contacts into MobileMe and Outlook 2007? When I right click the MobileMe application and select Sync Now, it doesn't sync any of my phone contacts to MobileMe or Outlook. How do I do it?

Thanks

Michael.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What have you done on your phone?

Did you go into SETTINGS> MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS > ADD ACCOUNT and then select Mobile Me there yet?

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes I have already added my MobileMe account and it's set to sync mail, contacts and calendars. I just don't know how to make it do it for the first time to import the contacts into MobileMe (online) and Outlook (on my PC).

4. luckyblue macrumors regular

luckyblue

Use itunes. There is an option to have it sync to your outlook. Look over the options carefully as there is an option to upload anything from outlook to your phone which would wipe everything out. It's what you would want to do if you had everything backed up in outlook and you replaced your phone or did a clean reinstall.

Once you set it up right, it will sync your contacts everytime you connect and sync.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

In your e-mail on contacts settings (on the phone) and go into the 'Fetch' settings. Make sure 'Push' is on and then go to Advanced and make sure Me.com is set to Push.

I have no idea how to manually update contacts, so if that's not set to Push I'm not really sure how to make it work. Try that.