iPad how to get cydia back to ipad2 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, May 7, 2012.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

Sorry guys, please pardon me for asking the same question again..
    i had already created a thread with the same problem, but didnt get the answer yet...
    and looks like now , bcoz i dont have cydia installed on my ipad2 ( Jailbroken) i am not able to make any changes.

Now also i get new update notification on my system icon ( for 5.1 )

i really dont want to do 5.1 and loose my JB, there were couple reply about installing cydia from .deb file, i tried it ( I have ifile installed and working ) but no luck,
    Is it possible i might be using Cydia.deb file for iphone4 / 4s / ipad 1 ?? or is it all same ??? though couldnt find any cydia.deb speacifically for ipad2 online,,,,

i also tried re-jailbreaking using Absinthe but it gives msg. that its already Jbken..
    Also tried using redsn0w, but i get error msg. at VPN ( though it should give error at VPN, then it should restart your ipad2 ) but in my case my ipad is not restarting..

Any thought or suggestion please...appreciated...
    OR, if its not possible then i can move to 5.1. But b4 i do that i wanted to make sure, that i try inff. for that.

Thanx

2. 0m3ga, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012

0m3ga macrumors 6502

Have you bothered to look in the trash file in iFile for Cydia? You need to open prefences in iFile and mak sure all you settings are checked to 'on', especially hidden files and trash.

Otherwise, download ifunbox on your mac (yes, there is a mac version now) or pc. Connect phone/ipad to mac or pc. Once your phone/ipad is recognized, install .deb file via one of the methods listed in this link: Install deb file with iFunbox link

Let us know if it works.

3. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Gr8, it worked.. Thanks a lot for the right solution..
    the only one thing whichis bothering me..In cydia, looks like the fonts have been changed to all CAPS...is it ok ?

4. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

No idea? Don't recall that type of issue before. But if everything works, go with it.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a tweak to backup all your cydia tweaks. pkgbackup is one