How to get Cydia to backup 4.2b3 SHSH blobs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MoodyM, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I have 2 iPhones in the house, both were running 4.1, both been jailbroken for months. One is a 3G S, one is an iPhone 4.

I decided yesterday to upgrade to 4.2.1 then do an untethered jailbreak, but when I checked Cydia the iPhone 3G S doesn't say it has 4.2b3 blobs? The latest, it says, is 4.1.

The iPhone 4's Cydia did say it had 4.2b3 blobs, and the untethered jailbreak went fine.

How can I manually (or otherwise) get Cydia to backup 4.2b3 blobs for the 3G S?

Many thanks

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You can't save blobs retrospectively. However, you can check whether you really have them saved (if you think they should be) by downloading tinyumbrella. Sometimes Cydia can have your blobs saved even if the front screen does not have them updated yet. Best to double check. Good luck!

3. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Thanks, I'll check with Tiny Umbrella.

If I don't have them, why would that be? If both iPhones were jailbroken on 4.1 at the same time, why would Cydia not back them up for the 3G S, but did for the 4?

4. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Tried TinyUmbrella, it seems I do NOT have 4.2b3 blobs for the 3G S.

Does this mean I cannot untether my 4.2.1 jailbreak at this time?

5. Steven Jobson macrumors regular

Unless you're a developer, you won't even be able to get the IPSW legally anyway.

6. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I have the ipsw, I'm registered as a dev. As I said, I've already done my iPhone 4 (and iPad)

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You are correct, if you don't have the SHSH for 4.2b3 for your 3GS you cannot untethered it as this time.

8. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Ok, thanks.

Does anyone know why Cydia saved them for my iPhone 4 but not my 3G S?

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That is the real question and it seen very unusual, It should have worked, all i can think of is that you were so far down the queue that it did't make it on time to request them before the windows was close, but that is unlikely.