How to get Dashboard to Load on Startup?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by polycat33, Aug 11, 2007.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I have heard of a program that loads and then hides Dashboard when you first start your computer, so it's ready to be viewed later (I'd like it because I use the delivery status widget with grown notifications, but it only notifies me up the updates in the delivery status of dashboard has been loaded once since the computer has been turned on) quickly. I know it's out there but I can't seem to find it again. Did I dream up this application or is it out there?

2. cobravap macrumors regular

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Uh, can't you just go to Accounts in System Preferences and go to Login Items and select Dashboard (click the plus first).

4. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you? Would that work? Even if I haven't loaded my Dashboard since my last bootup it still has the arrow pointing to it like open applications do, so would having it load on startup really make it load the widgets right away? I'd imagine if that worked there wouldn't be an application for it. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

EDIT: Just tried adding Dashboard to the login items, and it loads Dashboard, and keeps it showing, which is a pain. The other program loads it and then quickly hides it, so it gets the loading process going without you having to wait for it/watch it, and without having to dismiss it yourself.

5. oxeneers macrumors member

I use Dashboard Kickstart, and I really like it minus the ****ing stupid ad that always shows. Ugh.

6. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I downloaded it last night and I like it. Don't know what you mean about the ad though, seems perfect to me.

7. Jaace macrumors newbie

Yes, Zwhaler has it right. Just go to System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items and add Dashboard.app to the startup items. Easy and no need for a third-party tool that will just do the same exact thing, whilst taking up room on your harddrive. ;)