How to get DP2!?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by bspc, Jun 18, 2014.

1. bspc macrumors newbie

I don’t understand this! I am a Apple Developer. I have DP1, and I can’t redeem the code because I already used it for DP1, but the App store does not show an update for DP2. How am I supposed to get DP2!?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check to see if you have an update in the Mac App Store. There's probably a new build waiting for you.

I'm not on 10,10, so I can't be sure that's the process but you may not need a new redemption code.

3. bspc thread starter macrumors newbie

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

The update appeared for me as OS X 10.10 Update 1.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

The App Store will show an "OS 10.10 Update." That's a delta update (only 1.16GB on my machine) that migrates your install from DP1 to DP2. The code on the Developer portal is just a one-time use - no need to use it for delta updates. When the official release drops, you will have the option to redeem a key for the final version via the Developer portal as well.

Attached Files:

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Close the App Store and reopen. If that doesn't work try signing out, closing and then sign back in.

7. bspc thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried all of that, with no success. I have attached how it looks like on my App store Update page.

Attached Files:

8. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

The update is much worse. You aren't missing anything. I had zero issues before, now I have problems galore.

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Hence why its a Developer Preview. It's not a public beta for a reason yet.

10. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

That is discouraging regardless of preview or beta whatever....

11. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I've had the exact opposite experience. Most of the issues I had in DP1 are gone, and the remaining ones are actually minor ones, so I'm not too concerned about them at this time. Now if they persist into DP4 or later, that's a cause for concern.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is the way it always has been and always will be. Some builds fix more than they break and others break more than they fix. Plus different people see different results on the same build. If you can't live with the ups and downs from builds to build then you should wait on the GM.

13. Sven11, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014

Sven11 macrumors 6502a

Can't update to Update 1.0

I just can't update to Update 1.0. My Mac freezes every time after I download the update from the App Store and try to install it. After a hard reset Yosemite tells me that the update wasn't installed and shows me a pop up message where I can click on Install. Then nothing happens.

With some luck the update reappears on the App Store and everything goes from the beginning, otherwise it just says No Updates Available and I can wait for it to reappear. Strangely the update appears in the Updates Installed section of the App Store, but I can ensure you that it isn't installed. The same goes for iTunes 11.2.2 as you can see from the picture below.

I did a clean install just last night after I thought that my installation was somehow corrupted. Since then I tried it 3 times now.

I'm using a Late 2013 27 inch iMac with a 3.5 GHz Core i7 CPU, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 2GB GeForce GTX 775M and a 512 GB Apple SSD.

@Mods: I'm not having the same issue as this guy. I already read this thread.

Attached Files:

14. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

I assume you are a developer and have access to apple's developer forums.

There is a direct link in those forums from which you can download the DP2 delta update in a browser instead of the mac app store.

Other developers are having similar problems and this direct link solves the problem.

We can't post the link here on macrumors though.

15. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks, that worked!

16. bspc thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thank you i found it!