How To Get DVD Player Back?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HappyDude20, Aug 9, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I was once dumb about 2 months ago to go under accounts, click on advance options and simply change the name of my account name. I changed it because I didn't like it; it was the first time i've ever done this and had to manual drag and drop everything from an old account to a new one. My Macbook runs perfectly but I have to assume that the one thing I missed during the process was DVD Player...

Recently I've had to use Front Row only when viewing DVD's. Not the worst thing, but a big downer when I want to surf the web at the same time or work on other apps.

How I can I get DVD Player back?

All advice is generously welcome.

2. fewture macrumors regular

From the sounds of it, all you have to do is go into your applications folder (see in finder) open Dvd player, then when it is in the dock, right click on the icon (or control left click) and choose both keep in dock and open at login.

Was the question that simple and I got it right or did something more complex happen?

3. Livemat macrumors newbie

If it's not in Applications you probably uninstalled it, but it's all on the cd's that you should have, they came with the mac.

Had a similar problem.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

interestingly enough the dvd player app is not in the apps pane. i must have missed it when transferring everything to my new mac account name...

i do have the leopard family 5 pack but its at my folks place and they're on their summer vaca in china for the Olympics. I'd easily ask them to ship it or even stop by their house but im in cali and their place is in west virginia.

Any other route I can take to get DVD Player back?

:]

5. CavesOfTQLT macrumors newbie

What happens when you do a spotlight search for 'dvd player'? Does it find it?

6. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

7. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers