How to get Expose in Lion?

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
I recently got a second-hand Apple computer and the maximum operating system that can be installed is Lion. I miss the gesture where I swipe up with 3 fingers on the trackpad and all the currently open windows show up. I think the feature is called Expose. Is there a way to get it on Lion?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Expose was removed from Lion and Mission Control was added.

However you can get it to show all windows within a specific application by enabling the gesture in trackpad/enabling the keyboard shortcut.

Expose as known before Lion though was replaced.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I recently got a second-hand Apple computer and the maximum operating system that can be installed is Lion. I miss the gesture where I swipe up with 3 fingers on the trackpad and all the currently open windows show up. I think the feature is called Expose. Is there a way to get it on Lion?
I think the Default is now a 4 finger swipe.

You can change it back to 3 fingers under the "trackpad" option in System preferences.

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
I can't find what you mean. I figured out how to get expose by using keyboard shortcuts but I would still prefer using the 3 finger swipe, it doesn't seem like Lion has it. Take a look.

Last edited:

noisycats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
The 'ham. Alabama.
Look under mouse/trackpad settings

Edit: I see you did. Maybe it's not there? But I do believe I've used an expose like function ever since it was first introduced. But on second thought, I never used lion and went straight from Snow Leopard to Mountain lion.

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
You mean to tell me Apple didn't have gestures until recently? Wow. Using older version of Mac OS X must have been hell, no wonder Apple users always get bashed all the time. Back then Mac OS X was such a backwater OS.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I believe swiping down on the trackpad (3 fingers or 4 fingers, depending on your setting), should achieve a close enough result.

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
I believe swiping down on the trackpad (3 fingers or 4 fingers, depending on your setting), should achieve a close enough result.

Did you read the thread? That doesn't work.

Is there 3rd party support for the 3 finger gesture in Lion?

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
the maximum operating system that can be installed is Lion.
What model of Mac is it ?

Does it have a "Multi-touch" trackpad ?

Lion being the maximum OS, I would say : no.

For example, if it's a 2007 White Macbook, it does not have a Multi-touch trackpad ---> no three fingers gestures.

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
It is the Mid-2007 MacBook. If it doesn't have multi-touch then it is such a shame cause it is such a good laptop.

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G4
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
How would he emable the 3 finger gesture if its not in the settings in the first place?
If the multi-touch device is there, then the settings will support multi-touch, including gestures.
The settings "magically" appear when the supported device is actually connected.

Another option would be to add an external device that DOES offer gestures, such as a magic mouse, or magic trackpad