How to get Facebook for iPad working.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by cobaltrich27, Jul 25, 2011.

1. cobaltrich27, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

UPDATE!!! My downgrade to fullforce ver 1.3.1 method below is no longer needed consider it a backup plan if the current updated method using faceforward stops working. Just click the same link below to see the new updated guide at iclarifed.

First I know the current iPad version of Facebook is not ready with many fields you can't use properly etc… however if you really want to get it working I discovered a way.

The iclarified guide uses the fullforce Cydia install method:

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=16193

The iclarified guide actually works except I found the current fullforce version 1.3.3 on Cydia can't log into Facebook. When I first installed fullforce on my iPad 2 this morning I was given version 1.3.1 from Cydia and the Facebook app login worked fine. They then apparently for what ever reason updated this fullforce version to 1.3.3 while I started on my other iPad the repo for fullforce kept timing out so I reloaded Cydia then it gave me version 1.3.3.

A easy way to tell when you load Facebook the login fields are all the way across the screen when using ver 1.3.1. So my iPad 1 had fullforce version 1.3.3 and small login fields I enter user name & pass it wouldn't load at all. I then googled for a 1.3.1 version using safari on the iPad 1 having safari download manager installed on the iPad and using iFile to install I was able to downgrade my fullforce version to 1.3.1 and BINGO now I can log into Facebook on my iPad 1.

3 easy steps:

1. Download fullforce ver 1.3.1 using safari on the iPad this is possible by installing Safari Download Manager from Cydia.

I found the fullforce install ver 1.3.1 here:

http://www.iphoneleaks.net/2011/07/full-force/

2. Install/downgrade to fullforce ver 1.3.1 using iFile from Cydia.

3. respring the iPad and turn the iPad Facebook feature on as described in the iclarified guide.

Once again I know the Facebook app is not ready but if you really want to try it this is how I was able to get in using the older fullforce version 1.3.1.

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

3. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

I agree works much better. I actually don't use Facebook much but love a good challenge and do the hacking thing as a hobby so was fun to conquer the login issue :D

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

i use mypad or friendly. BOOM. Done, no more hassle

5. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

6. padawanjp macrumors newbie

Yey! I got it working. I was obsessed getting it to work since yesterday. Though its still buggy, im just happy i got it working. Tnx for the instructions. If i may add you dont have to have safari dl manager if you have ifile. You can click the link and open it via ifile and install fullforce 1.3.1 straight away

7. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Well thanks for trying now I can say for sure my method works :D and Im not crazy LOL however wait till you try the new iclarified method using faceforward :eek:.

Just turn the Facebook feature off in fullforce then respiring.

After that search for faceforward in Cydia install it then load Facebook O-Man it works much better now the sections load properly everything much better.

I guess my method can be a backup plan if they shutdown faceforward.

Way to go iclarified!!!

8. ElysiumY2K, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

Worked like a charm.

Cool tip: You don't have to press the back button on the top left corner, you can just swipe to the right and it just goes back :D

Useful for revealing the tool bar too in portrait and landscape mode.

EDIT:
    If the app keeps crashing back to the homescreen, try uninstalling fullforce and retinapad.