How to get free iPod touch if not student?

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I want to get a Mac book pro. I'm not a student anymore my friend is but already bought a Mac
Months ago. Would I be able to use his. Or have him buy it and I open the apple credit card under my name?

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
He did use it already when he bought the Mac book pro in April and it would probably be the same. Ugh. This sucks

stefan1975

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
can't you just use an campus store URL and order it yourself with discount and the ipod? Here in NL lots of people do so and I have *never* heard of apple verifying even one of those purchases.

These orders all just go out at the discounted price even with ipod rebates. There are even forums here comparing the different store URL's to find the one with the highest discount (found a 12% discount URL for my own order).

mc751n

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I have a similar question, I got a Macbook Pro four days before the promotion started, and I'm a student. Do you think if I bring my receipt to the store I could get a rebate or ipod?

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
I want to get a Mac book pro. I'm not a student anymore my friend is but already bought a Mac
Months ago. Would I be able to use his. Or have him buy it and I open the apple credit card under my name?
Just buy it online at apple.com. They never check from what I understand.
I cannot confirm you won't have any problems though as I am a student.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.