How to get free iPod touch if not student?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michael31986, Jul 31, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I want to get a Mac book pro. I'm not a student anymore my friend is but already bought a Mac
    Months ago. Would I be able to use his. Or have him buy it and I open the apple credit card under my name?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your friend can buy a computer for you using his education discount as long as it's not the same kind you want to buy or he didn't use the discount for the computer he bought within the last calendar year.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

He did use it already when he bought the Mac book pro in April and it would probably be the same. Ugh. This sucks

4. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

can't you just use an campus store URL and order it yourself with discount and the ipod? Here in NL lots of people do so and I have *never* heard of apple verifying even one of those purchases.

These orders all just go out at the discounted price even with ipod rebates. There are even forums here comparing the different store URL's to find the one with the highest discount (found a 12% discount URL for my own order).

5. mc751n macrumors member

I have a similar question, I got a Macbook Pro four days before the promotion started, and I'm a student. Do you think if I bring my receipt to the store I could get a rebate or ipod?

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depending on how the manager is feeling that day, yes.

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Just buy it online at apple.com. They never check from what I understand.
    I cannot confirm you won't have any problems though as I am a student.