How to get GarageBand ?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Djipsy5, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Djipsy5 macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, I own an iPhone 4S and I am an artist. I wanted to purchase GarageBand but I can't because I am a student and I only have a CMS Card which is not supported by AppStore for purchases. I looked for an Apple Store to buy an iTunes Card, but one more time, there is no Apple building in my country. Isn't there nobody who can share its copy with me ? Or offer me GarageBand as a gift ? You may think this is a Scam, but no, you can iMesage me for more: Studiosession@hotmail.fr . Please help me, It really matters to me to get GarageBand

2. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I would try looking for an iTunes gift card at another retailer. I don't know about outside of the US, but around here you can buy them nearly anywhere. Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I would check the big box retailers in your area, and you should be able to get the gift card that way.

Apple would have gotten a lot more of my tax return if I could have attached my H&R Block card to my iTunes account, though, I can tell you that.

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

Out sheer curiosity, what country are you based out of? Your email address (which I would not advise posting on a public forum unless you like spam) indicates France, but Apple's retail stores list indicates that there are several available, yet you say there are none? I don't know what a CVS card is, but Apple stores accept cash as well. You shouldn't even need an Apple store - plenty of retailers carry them as well.

You are pretty much limited to getting the App itself in the App store. Nobody can share it with you as that would be piracy - something that the board will not allow to happen. Gifting will also probably only work from somebody in the same country as you are in too, just an FYI. No way around it though you need an iTunes account which requires some form of valid payment to create it first.

4. Djipsy5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Senegal and you can check by your own, there is absolutely no Apple Store arround me, even no iTunes Card Seller. I use .fr because our main language is french and I do have two AppStore accounts, one for us and the others for France. Both does not accept CMS Card (Credit Mutuel du Senegal). So...

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

There are websites online that sell gift cards to people in your situation. You'll pay a slightly higher fee, but you can get them, just google it and you'll find them. Then you can add that to your US iTunes account and buy it that way.

6. Djipsy5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I searched but those websites ask to buy the item but once again, my CSM can't operate online payment. So think, I'm out of luck this time. Thank you ! :/