How to get iCal to open at login?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cootersgarage6, Dec 19, 2010.

1. cootersgarage6, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

I want Ical to open at login, because I am failing high school (well, math) because I always forget to do my homework, and study.. So, Ical is great for that! but I ALWAYS forget to check it!!! HOW DO I GET IT TO OPEN AT LOGIN???????????????? Lol... I have it on the login items, but all it does it run the program, the actual window with Ical and everything never opens, just makes it run... so....... what do I do? It's weird that a PC can do it but a mac can't....

2. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

Go to system preferences, choose accounts. Click Login Items, click the plus sign, and choose the app you want to launch on startup.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Or when the icon is in the dock right-click or click and hold the mouse down on the icon and choose 'open at login' in the menu that appears.

4. demingy macrumors newbie

You could also look into setting things up on your computer so your calendar displays on your desktop. I use iDeskCal, but you can also do this with GeekTool (so I've heard, I've never done it). I found that it is incredibly handy for me to have my upcoming appts on my desktop, and I was able to customize the appearance so it goes well with my desktop image.

5. reubs macrumors 68000

You could also go with Dateline. It adds a linear calendar to your desktop, and when you hover over a date you can see the events/reminders for a given date.

Another option would be to set iCal to open at login (which you've done) and add reminders for given assignments to pop up at given intervals.

None of these, though, are substitutes for doing the work!

Good luck, and I hope you get it worked out.