Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jesus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
This summer I am going to SF for a week, and I would love to know how to get into the 'Mothership' and see Caffe Mac, etc. The one question is, how do I get to see the inner workings of this awesome site? Do I just need to beg over the phone, or will I have to bribe a friendly programmer? :confused: :confused: :confused:

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Jesus said:
This summer I am going to SF for a week, and I would love to know how to get into the 'Mothership' and see Caffe Mac, etc. The one question is, how do I get to see the inner workings of this awesome site? Do I just need to beg over the phone, or will I have to bribe a friendly programmer? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I tried. You need to KNOW someone there. It's impossible if you don't have someone on the inside.

You can go to the bathroom inside, though.. you can see Caffe Mac and the courtyard from the window directly in front of the doors as you are leaving the bathroom.

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Jesus said:
How much for a developers account????

Seriously

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Unless you work there, you have no chance. It's just a office space anyways. Based on what I've heard, pixar is much more interesting.

Ben

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
saabmp3 said:
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Unless you work there, you have no chance. It's just a office space anyways. Based on what I've heard, pixar is much more interesting.

Ben

You know, Cupertiino and San Jose are pretty boring. :p

Emeryville is worse.

Stain San Fran unless you are flying into San Jose (God forbid).

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
saabmp3 said:
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Unless you work there, you have no chance.

Actually, if you are a developer you can go to WWDC, and attend the campus bash. It's held in the central courtyard, and the Caffe Mac building is used for some of the buffet tables.

Of course, it's a bit expensive to pay for a developer account and a WWDC ticket just to see the campus. :)

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
szark said:
Actually, if you are a developer you can go to WWDC, and attend the campus bash. It's held in the central courtyard, and the Caffe Mac building is used for some of the buffet tables.

Of course, it's a bit expensive to pay for a developer account and a WWDC ticket just to see the campus. :)

Yeah, but is that a one day only type of event?

Ben

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Yes, it's a once-a-year event.

Also, I imagine you might be able to use the cafeteria if you sign up to use the compatibility labs, but you'll need to actually have a product to test. ;)

Edit: Actually, upon reading through those pages, it doesn't sound like you would be allowed access to the cafeteria when using the labs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.