How to get iPhone 4 replaced for death grip?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mossme89, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

I've had my iPhone 4 since launch day, and the death grip issue is really terrible. Even holding it on the tips of my fingers, i have a signal loss. And a case doesn't fix it, it just lowers my overall signal, which means the signal drops less overall.

I know Apple won't replace it for the death grip alone, but is there anything i can say/do to get them to replace it?

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I think you are out of luck. You can try complaining about the battery life. Last year I was in an apple store and saw somebody come in to complain about battery life...the genius went in the back, grabbed a new device and swapped it no questions asked. I'm not sure your going to magically get a phone that doesn't have a death grip issue, though.

3. mossme89, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011

mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

My battery is still pretty good though it's dropped some the past few months. Do you think cycling it like hell before my warranty expires in June and/or complaining about battery drain would work?

Edit: well the first iPhone 4 i had didn't have any issue. Unfortunately, i had to turn it in because it had a yellow line across the bottom of the screen.