How to get iPhoto slideshow to DVD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dexmor, Mar 26, 2013.

1. dexmor macrumors newbie

I made a slideshow in iPhoto and need to get it to a DVD. Can anyone tell me how to do this? My software is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have the same question, did you find a way

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

If your computer is old enough to still have iDVD as part of iLife... then export from iPhoto and write to DVD with iDVD.

Otherwise, most people use a 3rd party DVD authoring program. Toast seems to be popular. I've never done it, so I cannot comment.

Apple dropped iDVD somewhere around Snow Leopard or Lion... I cannot remember which.

/Jim

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok good I do have iDVD still. Wonder why they made it so hard to do this. we are putting a slide show together for a funeral and need to burn it to dvd.

Looks like the option to "send to iDVD" is gone from iPhoto 11, i am exporting it to a quick time movie and i hope i can then import that into iDVD.

5. sarahbaby macrumors newbie

there is no iDVD in mac os x 10.7or higher

there is no iDVD in mac os x 10.7or higher, so I recommend slideshow dvd creator.

It is a slideshow software for mac user, and with its built-in DVD burner, you can simply burn the slideshow into DVD.

6. mac-morten macrumors newbie

mac-morten

How to get iPhoto slideshow to DVD

This is me again : I claimed my OS to be 10.7.5 but that's a lie - it's 10.8.5 !
    . But I am very depressed because I have made some spectacular iPhoto slide shows of my best photos from 10 days in China to watch the breathtaking total solar eclipse in China 2009 - one slide show per day.
    . I made these slide shows with individual Ken Burns effects + transitions and durations individually for every single picture and ended up chosing music which was manipulated in GarageBand to make the duration exactely like the duration of the slide show . The end results became very movie-like and watch-worthy. The slide shows were made in iPhoto '11 v. 9.4.3.
    BUT :
    . The total size of the 10 days in China exceeds the 700 MB on a DVD so :
    How can I compress the slide shows INCLUDING all the above mentioned details to fit on one DVD ? ?