How to get large pdf file onto my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jamz00, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jamz00 macrumors member

I have a service manual for my car I want to use in iBooks but I don't know how to get it onto my iPad. I tried emailing it to myself but the file is way too big. What else can I do? I guess I could try hosting it on mediafire or something.

2. Jamz00 thread starter macrumors member

This doesn't seem to be working. Everytime I try to open the file in iBooks safari crashes. I only have an iPad 1 so maybe there's not enough RAM.

3. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

have you tried an alternative app such as Goodreader?

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Have you tried Dropbox? It's a free cloud storage option. There's even a native iPad app for it. Here's a link to it that's also my referral link. We'll both get extra storage if you use it.

http://db.tt/cdpZvzu

How is Safari crashing when you're viewing it in iBooks?

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

Drag the file into the books section of iTunes and then add it to your iPad.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I completely forgot you could do that.

Attached Files:

7. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

Yeah. I do to and when I get a new PDF that I want to add to my iPad, I spend about 10 minutes trying to figure it out again. But it is definitely the easiest way to do it as of now.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Or skip that step entirely and drag the .pdf file directly onto the iPad icon on the left side of the iTunes window.