How to get location services icon from Apple Store to go away?

Speedman100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
I know the Apple Store app uses that iBeacon stuff. But this makes it so the location services icon is always on. Is there a way to use all the location services features of the Apple Store app without having the icon always there? If I turn off bluetooth the icon goes away because iBeacon requires bluetooth, but I need bluetooth to be on for Continuity and stuff.

Attachments

VSMacOne

macrumors 601
Oct 18, 2008
You can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to have location services turned on in order to get all the functionality of the app when visiting an actual apple store.

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
I haven't tested it myself but try turning off...

Settings > Handoff & Suggested Apps > My Apps & App Store

and

take a look into Settings > Privacy > Location Services ... and switch the Apple Store app to "while using"

Rigby

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
take a look into Settings > Privacy > Location Services ... and switch the Apple Store app to "while using"
Do you actually have that option for the Apple Store app? It only shows "Always" or "Never" for me. "While Using" would certainly be the best option for this particular app. I simply don't go to an Apple store often enough to justify constant location monitoring.