How to Get M2M Texting ???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodtouchy333, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hey all, As of right now I have the 1500 text message plan but I am worried about not having enough. I started out with the 200 text messages but that lasted about 10 days so I upped it to 1500. Anyways, one of my best friends also has AT&T and I was wondering if I could get Mobile 2 Mobile texting and then drop back down to the 200 text messages with the M2M ? Thanks for your help!

2. daniels macrumors member

This was just discussed recently and from what I remember M2M no longer exists with AT&T.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

M2M calling exists, but M2M texting isn't. Just get the unlimited, it is on like $20.

TEG

4. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the super quick responses. Dang it! The thing is, I don't really pay for my bill... I do pay some and I did buy the iPhone, but I don't know if my mom would go for the unlimited even though its only $5 more. Dang you AT&T !

5. samiwas macrumors 65816

Oooorrrrrr, you could just pay the $20 a month yourself to your mom.

Or just don't text as much. 1500 a month is 50 texts a day. Just call the person...

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Or you could pay for your own phone bill, then you could get whatever plan you want!

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

uh...

Get a job and pay for your own texts. You want a cell phone, you should pay for it.

8. jnoble414 macrumors newbie

me and my gf have been tryin to find a way to do this,
    i looked around at some things with text messages,
    and since my gf has ATT too, I just EMAIL the message to
    7731112222@mms.att.net

and it works. It sends it to her phone as a MMS.. The only thing is that if you want to add text to your mms, you have to put the text in the "subject"

and, for someone to send you a MMS, just tell them to email it to you. I dont know what my gf does, but she sends it to some adress... Maybe straight to the email adress? Anyways, I just check my mail, and its all good in the hood.

Hopefully, it works for you guys too

but, note: I only know this from experience when both parties are ATT