How to get .me emails NOT forwarded to .icloud

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by drsox, Mar 15, 2016.

1. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I had an old .me email account that is now full of spam thanks to some unknown Mac software supplier's email list having been hacked. I don't want all this carp to be forwarded to my current un-spammed .icloud account as is the case. How can I get the .me account forever deleted and banished ? Cheers

2. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Open the Mail app preferences and deselect the .me alias. You can do this on all of your devices, or you can do it universally from http://icloud.com.

3. drsox thread starter macrumors 65816

drsox

Thanks. Sounds like a good idea, but the apple id link only allows for the adding of email addresses. The .me address is listed as an alias of my apple id email - that may be the case, but how to eliminate it remains to be discovered !
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    Thanks. Done that. Still remains as far as receiving emails is concerned. See previous post !

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If it's like mine at iCloud the @me.com address isn't an alias. It's some sort of an alternate email address. Settings for an iCloud email alias do not apply.

Unless someone has been through this before I think you're going to have to call Apple about this one. If they can't switch it off...nobody can. Court Order notwithstanding.

6. chown33 macrumors 604

Maybe there's a way to setup a filter that looks at the To: address for "<yourname.me>" and files it in Junk.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Good idea. From looking at the rules at iCloud.com, I think this would do the trick.

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 12.24.44 PM.png

8. drsox, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

drsox thread starter macrumors 65816

drsox

Thanks. I checked and it's not an alias it's an actual email account, so not so easy to use the dialogues to delete. I'll keep poking away.
    Thanks. I agree.
    Thanks. I think that's happening already as all the emails to .me seems to be put in Junk without any action on my part. I'll tweak it to get it into Trash instead. Yep, that worked fine !