how to get my mac to recognize my s500i

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rph105, Jul 30, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

how can i get my mac to recognize my sony ericsson s500i, i just purchased it last week, all my previous sony ericssons have worked, i plug it in the phone recognizes its been connected to the comp and i select file transfer on the phone, after this nothing happens on the computer no phone icon comes up, works fine on my pc, but i hate pc's and i dont use it, so if anyone could help, do i need a driver of some sort??

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

3. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Do you have Bluetooth on your phone and Mac? I have a K510i that works fine over bluetooth.... its slower, but wireless is just *oh so cool*! :)

4. london calling macrumors newbie

me too - no recognition

The link above is fine for syncing contacts and calendar with the s500i but I've had no luck transferring music. When I plug my phone into my macbook it doesn't see it at all and just charges it. I've got a memory card in there. Am I going to have to be a card reader as well to get music onto the phone?? This is getting expensive:mad:

5. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Your card should have come with an adapter for a full-size media stick thing, so you can use it with regular media stick readers, which can be found for super-cheap online, or if you know someone who works at Best Buy.

Did you have Bluetooth and try it that way? It works great with Sony phones for copying music files...