how to get my missing gift card balance back?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by W. Khan, Jul 4, 2016.

1. W. Khan macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I need your advice in solving gift card issue with apple.

I have few gift cards from 2010. some are brand new and some are partially used. when I tried to use them few months ago, I was told there is no balance remaining on them. let me just mention the situation of one gift card here. I call customer service too, they did verify and told me the same thing that, there is no balance on the card. they can see the details of 3 old transactions on the card. but not the forth transaction which according to them says" cashed out". I did not cashed out the card and I had it with me all the time. in apple gift card policy, the card is like cash and there it is not cashable.
    I have been in contact with them for few months but the can't solve the issue. the customer service is referring me to store and store is referring me back to customer service. finally I got hold of the store manager and after few days of investigation he told me that they can't get any details of the "cashed out " transaction. and he said that he reached the to the higher authorities too. After all that his answer was "we can't do any thing".

I need your advice please. what should I do next?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

request a transaction list detailing the expenditures, if they cannot provide the full list, then continue the dispute.

3. W. Khan thread starter macrumors newbie

I did ask for transaction report. they have the transaction but without any detail. and if the store is not resolve the dispute what should I do next. thanks for your reply

4. chscag macrumors 68000

Take it up with the next higher level. You may have to go to Apple directly with the dispute. Keep all correspondence and write down as much as you can from any conversations along with dates and times. There is no way that a genuine Apple gift card can be cashed out. I have had remaining balances on Apple gift cards as little as a dollar. No cash either way.