Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletv Virgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
I'm trying to see if its possible to get my other videos..besides the ones purchased through iTunes uploaded to iCloud. Can anybody let me know if this can be done? Or direct me to direct me to the right thread if this has been covered before? Much appreciated!

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
I think we are at the transition stage where it's perfectly 'easy' to have documents, books, photos and music in the cloud, video, due to it's shear size is more awkward and less viable.

I have however gone down the route of Dropbox as find it more flexible than iCloud for files, rather than files synced through documents, £67GBP or $99USD for 100GB annual storage, I have set aside 10GB for video uploads that covers family videos.

I think a home server would be better suited to video rather than an external provider such as google, icloud or dropbox.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I'm trying to see if its possible to get my other videos..besides the ones purchased through iTunes uploaded to iCloud. Can anybody let me know if this can be done? Or direct me to direct me to the right thread if this has been covered before? Much appreciated!

No....this isn't possible. For that you'd need to use some sort of online locker, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.