How to get my ringtones out from my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jcchu, Oct 27, 2014.

1. jcchu macrumors newbie

I have some custom ringtones in my iPhone that I want to get out. I lost all my iTunes files due to an upgrade, so now I'll need to get that file from my phone. My iTunes doesn't work very well (my computer is old and very slow...), I am wondering if I could get my ringtones out through iFile?
    Looks like none of my ringtones (that I made myself) is under /Library/Ringtones. I don't know where else to look. I am using ios 7.
    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

(If someone asked this before, please point me to the thread. I did search the forum, but I could've missed it...)

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

looks like its changed in iOS 7 this might help you

http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/209023/ringtones-iphone-5s-via-ifile

3. jcchu thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, I read that webpage before I posted the question.
    I don't think it helps me. I am not trying to put ringtones into my iPhone. I am trying to get it out from my iphone because I am switching to android.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

so you downloaded toneenabler and they are in in your sounds folder in iFile?

5. jcchu thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I guess I didn't make my question clear.
    The ringtones are already in my iPhone and I am able to set them as ringtones. It has always been that way for me. But now, I want to get the files out from my iphone so I can use in my new android phone.
    I been looking in iFile, but I can't find my ringtones anywhere. All the files in the ringtones folder are the ringtones from Apple.
    Of course I can always just remake my ringtones.... but I just don't understand how I can use those ringtones but can't find the files.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well the way I read the link I shared in iOS 7 the custom ringtones are hidden even with iFile but if you download the cydia app toneenabler they will appear when you look for them using iFile

7. jcchu thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, tried that, no luck.