How to get my XP comp to use airport extreme printer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fazzl, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I just got my AEBS and got it set up. I have a desktop that is wired into the LAN port on the AEBS. I plugged in my printer and it works fine on my wifi MBP but I can't get it working on the wired desktop. Any help?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

3. gneerajg macrumors newbie

Airport Extreme

I have an airport extrreme and also one imac and one macbook. I have also ADSL AT&T speed stream 5260 modem which is PPoE. when I get connected wired modem works fine but after configuring extreme it does not recognise the same user name and pwd which I was giving for wired mesage popsup "looking for Authentication" pl. give me the solution. Thanks in advance

Raj

4. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I just used bonjour and everything works except filesharing

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Mac OS X doesnt use Bonjour to file shares with Windows it uses SMB (samba).

make sure file sharing is enabled in Sharing preferences and "Share files and folders using SMB" is ticked & your username is ticked in Options. also make sure your PC's workgroup name i.e. WORKGROUP or MSHOME is entered into "Workgroup" under "WINS" in the advanced network preferences. easiest way to get to this is type "wins" in System Preference's search and press enter. then make sure file sharing is enabled in Window's firewall.

Your PC should appear under "Shared". to "see" your Mac open My Network Places, click "View workgroup computers" under Network Tasks, double click your Mac's name and then provide your password. this is assuming your using XP, i dont know how to do it in Vista.