Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
I simply am having too many problems with this application and I've given it a grace period of a bit more than a month and it's still not working well for me.

Has anyone successfully got a refund from this developer?

Thanks

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I simply am having too many problems with this application and I've given it a grace period of a bit more than a month and it's still not working well for me.

Has anyone successfully got a refund from this developer?

Thanks

A quick search demonstrates that you've been posting about the Navigon application for well over a month and that you've given it multiple reviews including a 7.5 rating most recently.

Kind of late in the game to say that you regret the purchase and want a refund. It would be like you buying Adobe Photoshop, using it for six weeks to edit a pile of photos and then demanding you get your money back.

naevity

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2004
If you go to the iTunes receipt apple emailed you when you purchased it, you should see a "Report Problem" link at the bottom. Using that I think you can request a refund.

But, I do think you're out of the grace period, i think it's measured in days not weeks. You're probably stuck with it.

emailkenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Steer clear !!! (Pun intended)

I feel extremely compelled to steer people clear of this most miserable GPS app. Nine out of ten search entries, business address or business name or exact business or residential address, it will respond with " NO RESULTS FOUND ", rendering it utterly and completely USELESS.

What's more, it's a billing nightmare as well, as it's curiously attached itself to my latest iTunes music purchases. Which, by the way, were made days earlier and separate from it.

Furthermore, when I click on the "report a problem" link in the email receipt received for it, it routes me to the aforementioned music purchases only. It literally vanishes from the "instant refund" process that's available online at iTunes and Apple. However, that curiosity shouldn't surprise me at all, given the level and intensity of misery and grief it single-handedly wields.

As of this post, I'm told by Apple online that my only option for a refund is through technical support. So, I've emailed them as instructed with the hopes of receiving a complete refund. If so, I will delete this app from my phone.

You've been warned. Stay the whut' away from "NaviBong" aka "NaviThong" (LOL)

Note: What's even more curious, is that, to this date, this app actually looks way better than anything Apple, MapQuest or Google has come up with. Hey, but that's where it begins and ends for this app, so don't be fooled by it's looks. I kid you not, it's the most miserable app I've ever encountered. Again, steer clear !!!

Attachments

• Navigon.PNG
    Navigon.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 138

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I feel extremely compelled to steer people clear of this most miserable GPS app. Nine out of ten search entries, business address or business name or exact business or residential address, it will respond with " NO RESULTS FOUND ", rendering it utterly and completely USELESS.

What's more, it's a billing nightmare as well, as it's curiously attached itself to my latest iTunes music purchases. Which, by the way, were made days earlier and separate from it.

Furthermore, when I click on the "report a problem" link in the email receipt received for it, it routes me to the aforementioned music purchases only. It literally vanishes from the "instant refund" process that's available online at iTunes and Apple. However, that curiosity shouldn't surprise me at all, given the level and intensity of misery and grief it single-handedly wields.

As of this post, I'm told by Apple online that my only option for a refund is through technical support. So, I've emailed them as instructed with the hopes of receiving a complete refund. If so, I will delete this app from my phone.

You've been warned. Stay the whut' away from "NaviBong" aka "NaviThong" (LOL)

Note: What's even more curious, is that, to this date, this app actually looks way better than anything Apple, MapQuest or Google has come up with. Hey, but that's where it begins and ends for this app, so don't be fooled by it's looks. I kid you not, it's the most miserable app I've ever encountered. Again, steer clear !!!

its been 5 years since this thread was even active, im sure most people here are using google maps or apple maps by now.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I've used Navigon for 3 or 4 years now....with all the in-app purchases except urban routing (or whatever it's called). It integrates well with the bluetooth system in my vehicle and always finds where I'm going. I've done away with my discrete GPS units and have no problem recommending it to others. To each his own.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You realize you're typing in a business name in the city input box - of course its not going to find a city named Lowe's.

Anyways, I'm a satisfied user of Navigon, it could be improved to be sure, but one major advantage I like with Navigon is that the maps are stored locally so if I lose cell signal while using it, I don't lose the directions. Overall its a great app, but I agree with apple and google maps, the appeal of this app is waning.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
You realize you're typing in a business name in the city input box - of course its not going to find a city named Lowe's.

Anyways, I'm a satisfied user of Navigon, it could be improved to be sure, but one major advantage I like with Navigon is that the maps are stored locally so if I lose cell signal while using it, I don't lose the directions. Overall its a great app, but I agree with apple and google maps, the appeal of this app is waning.

1.) look at their join date.
2.) look how they are bumping a 5 yr old thread

dont be surprised they are putting lowes in the city search bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.