How to get old iMovie back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidMonteiro, Nov 14, 2013.

1. DavidMonteiro macrumors newbie

I just restored my MacBook Pro 2013 Haswell, and I want iMovie 9.0.9 back. Some of my videos are red in the new iMovie and people call the new one inferior to the older one.

The problem is: When I bought the MacBook, it had iMovie 9.0.9 preinstalled, but it wasn't added to my purchases. I can redownload Garageband 9.0.5 just fine, but I can't redownload the old iMovie. Did they remove it from the App Store completely?

Is there a way to get it back in a legitimate manner? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry if this thread like this has already been created. The search tool is not working, so...

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

iMovie 9.0.9

3. DavidMonteiro thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an update; it won't work if you have a newer version.

4. cmanderson macrumors regular

cmanderson

Restore from a Time Machine backup would be a really good way. I look in my Applications folder and I have "iMovie" and a folder named "iMovie 9.0.9" which contains "iMovie 9.0.9.app." I'd suspect you would have had that before you restored your machine.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Sorry about that, thought it was full version. You can also call Apple if you do not have the 9.0.9 version in a folder in your Applications or a backup of it. They may be nice and send you a copy or supply a link to it. They have done this for me.

6. shuttle099 macrumors newbie

I am using a 2011 Mac Mini and I just formatted and reinstalled OSX Mavericks so my warranty is expired for a long time. Is there anyway of getting the old iMovie without calling?

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Have a look in your Applications folder. Unless you did a clean install of Mavericks, I believe that your old iMovie should be in a folder in there.

8. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

If you have a copy of Mountain Lion (or access to a computer running Mountain Lion), sign in to the App Store under your ID and you will be able to download the old version. Then just copy it to your Mavericks system.

This also works for other deleted iLife (other than iDVD and iWeb) and iWorks programs.

9. Boris-VTR macrumors regular

I just restored iMovie 9.0.9, because new version is POS and is giving me red tint when importing .mov
    Funny part...new iMovie got new update today....bust it does not fix bug with red tint. How can they miss bug like this? Whats wrong with Apple this days?

10. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

How? The OP might like to know.