How to get out of Chrome Full-screen?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SXR, Jul 21, 2011.

1. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

So I updated to Lion , of course. Both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. On my MacBook , I noticed that I could go full-screen with Chrome. Awesome. But then , I can't get back. There's no full-screen icon I can press on the menu bar!

did anyone notice this? So you can go full-screen , but then you can't go back. Am I missing something here?

2. lazydesi macrumors 6502

3. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

F11? Not sure if that's just PC...

I used Chrome this morning on my Mac and I had the button in the menu bar to exit fullscreen... hmm..

4. buckers macrumors 6502

Try Cmd+Shift+F (works for me). They don't have fullscreen support for Lion, yet. Still uses the pre-Lion Cmd+Shift+F shortcuts (though they have added a misleading fullscreen button in the top-right). I hear they are working on fixing this.

5. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

iirc ful-screen support is broken in Chrome but Chpwn has released a beta of an app to fix it along with other programs. it's called Maximiser if you're interested

6. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

You have to point the cursor at the top so finder shows up, then go to "Chrome" view and exit full screen. Completely inconvenient right now until Google updates it.

7. aresinferno macrumors regular

Chrome does not yet utilise the Lion implementation of fullscreen. In the dev and canary builds that fullscreen button has been removed entirely and won't be back until they have updated Chrome to properly support fullscreen. You have to go to View -> Exit Full Screen.

8. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

CMD SHIFT F - Works! Thanks for the tip. I hope they build in that button soon though.