How to get out of Chrome Full-screen?

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
So I updated to Lion , of course. Both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. On my MacBook , I noticed that I could go full-screen with Chrome. Awesome. But then , I can't get back. There's no full-screen icon I can press on the menu bar!

did anyone notice this? So you can go full-screen , but then you can't go back. Am I missing something here?

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
F11? Not sure if that's just PC...

I used Chrome this morning on my Mac and I had the button in the menu bar to exit fullscreen... hmm..

Comment

buckers

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
Anglesey, UK
Try Cmd+Shift+F (works for me). They don't have fullscreen support for Lion, yet. Still uses the pre-Lion Cmd+Shift+F shortcuts (though they have added a misleading fullscreen button in the top-right). I hear they are working on fixing this.

Comment

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
iirc ful-screen support is broken in Chrome but Chpwn has released a beta of an app to fix it along with other programs. it's called Maximiser if you're interested

Comment

Kyle4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Canada
You have to point the cursor at the top so finder shows up, then go to "Chrome" view and exit full screen. Completely inconvenient right now until Google updates it.

Comment

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Chrome does not yet utilise the Lion implementation of fullscreen. In the dev and canary builds that fullscreen button has been removed entirely and won't be back until they have updated Chrome to properly support fullscreen. You have to go to View -> Exit Full Screen.

Comment

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
CMD SHIFT F - Works! Thanks for the tip. I hope they build in that button soon though.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.