[How To] Get Phone.app and SMS.app on OS 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by aaron11193, Jul 4, 2009.

1. aaron11193 macrumors regular

aaron11193

Karumba/Cairns/Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
    Ok guys, I've figured it out.

This hack will give you everything the iPhone has; settings, carrier, SMS app, Phone app etc..

NONE OF THE HARDWARE DEPENDANT THINGS WILL WORK.

This tut is for Windows, if someone could adapt it for OS X, props.

Download something to access the iPod filesystem, I prefer I-FunBox.

Open up /System/Library/CoreServices and copy Springboard.app to your desktop, make a copy of it and rename it Springboard_backup.app, make a folder called Backup and put the Springboard_backup.app in here.

Open up Springboard.app and find N45AP.plist and N72AP.plist, drag these out to your desktop.

Find M68AP.plist in Springboard.app and copy and paste it twice, rename the 2 copies N45AP.plist and N72.plist.

Go back to your iPod filesystem browser and open up /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

Delete N45AP.plist and N72AP.plist, copy the versions that you made from M68AP.plist into Springboard.app.

Respring.

Hope it helps someone :)

EDIT: Could someone please PM me their MobileSMS.app and MobilePhone.app from OS 3.0 in a zip file? The ones from OS 2.1.1 just crash upon opening.

2. Azrel macrumors regular

Azrel

Curious, but why would you want those apps if the hardware isn't there to support it?

=)

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

This is pointless... So we have those apps. They take up space. We can't use it. We can't show off to our friends because the apps won't load.

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

What does work when you put all the iPhone things on the iPod Touch???

5. aaron11193 thread starter macrumors regular

aaron11193

Karumba/Cairns/Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
    @SnowLeopard The apps should load if you use the OS 3.0 versions, mine won't because I only have the 2.1.1 versions. Hence the reason I'm asking for someone to send their SMS and Phone apps to me.

The Camera app loads without modifications, but you can't take pictures.. obviously. You can go through the Camera Roll though.

This is pretty much all for making my iPod look iPhone-like, to trick my friends and such. I like the look too.

I'm still looking for a way to get fake signal bars...

6. gzwizzle macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks dude, it worked awesomely. Camera app looks beautiful, i like the no service thing and activation may take some time thing haha.

Please e-mail me at greg.zwickl@verizon.net when you have the SMS.app and Phone.app!

Thanks so much,

Greg Zwickl

:apple:

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this isn't anything new, this has been common knowledge since maybe about 2.x firmware was released and tinkered with