how to get pic in txt message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Dec 4, 2007.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

My son txt me a note with a picture. I didn't get the photo, but rather a note to go to viewmymessage.com. This never happened with my old phone which was through Verizon. It always came through. Is there a reason I'm not getting the photo??

Frank

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

The iPhone doesn't support MMS, which is required for receiving photos via text message. If you search the forums you'll find more threads about it than you can imagine, mostly of people lamenting that fact and hoping a software update will change that at some point.

3. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Currently, the iPhone cant send or recieve picture or video messages. The only way to view them is go to that website on either your phone or cpu. The only way you could send and recieve pictures is if you emailed it to their phone number, or if they email it to the account setup on your phone...

4. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

seriously, what a hassle. the rest of the world does not have iphones and would prefer to receive pics on their phone!

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Hopefully this will be in an update soon. I should add that even though you are unable to view them, it is still possible to send MMS messages over your email. For example, if you wanna send a pic to another ATT user simply email it to whatever their phone number is @mms.att.net (5555555555@mms.att.net). There is a list out there with the addresses for other carries too. Also, most phones will also allow you to send a text message to an email address. You could simply have your son send the pic to your email from his phone too. It is all a minor pain, but it is the only real way around it for now.

6. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Not trying to cause controversy here, but don't people do research before buying the "next big thing"? I mean, I knew about 90% of the feature set of the iPhone before I was even serious about getting one. If I needed MMS, video, etc I would've bought a Treo or Blackberry. The iPhone does everything I need it to just the way it is. People act shocked when they find out the iPhone won't do this or won't do that....:rolleyes:

7. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

btw, can I use the cable and that neat little charger that comes with my iPhone for my iPod too??? How tiny. Very nice.

Frank

8. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

While I agree with you, MMS is such a common functionality that most people assume it will be there. This is compounded by the fact that it is advertised as the most advanced phone available.

For instance, many see that it does email. But would you have expected that you wouldnt be able to purge your inbox with a series of gestures?

At this point in the game, people should be aware of its shortcomings or be a responsible customer and ask before taking the plunge.

9. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Yes. When I travel I just bring my iPhone charger and cable which works with my 2G Nano.