How to Get Push E-Mail for iPhone 2.0 if not on corporate exchange network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iron Chef, May 7, 2008.

1. Iron Chef macrumors member

I have my own business and really need to keep my iCal and contacts in sync. It would be ideal for me to have push e-mail, calendar, and contacts instead of having to sync at the end of each day.

Are there services out there that will provide Exchange support / Push for people like myself who aren't on corporate networks?

I do have my own e-mail domain and web hosting.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I think you can buy Exchange server hosting. A small segment of people who have Blackberries who don't have a Blackberry Enterprise Server do the same thing essentially, buying space on a third-party BES. I think this is an example of what you're looking for:

http://www.intermedia.net/

Although I'm not vouching for it at all -- just a quick google search. But basically you would either have them run your e-mail as an Exchange client totally and/or just have the mail from your existing IMAP server pulled in and incorporated into the Inbox on the Exchange server.

3. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

*edit*
    Never mind, IMAP won't keep you calendar or contacts in sync. Sorry.