How to get rid of an eye infection

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, May 31, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi, I am a soft contact wearer and I think I might have an eye infection.

This has been happening since about Wednesday of last week. My left eye is bloodshot only in the inner corner of the eye, and my right eye isn't bloodshot, but you can see the veins clearly. I threw away my old contacts and opened up some new ones, I threw away my old solution, threw away my old contacts case, and rinsed my eyes out with contact solution a couple times.

I woke up this morning and it's still there.

What can I do? I really want to get rid of it by tomorrow because this week is the last week of school.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. tman07 macrumors regular

The best thing to do would to wear your glasses (assuming you have a pair) and leave your contacts out for a few days. It sucks (trust me, i know. I cant wear contacts again for another 4 weeks.. Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis can suck it)

Could it possibly your allergies acting up?

See your eye doc if it doesnt get better.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Can you feel anything in your eye (Like, is it itchier than normal...hurts...et cetera)?

If it is, and it's only in one eye, your contact might have ripped a little and some is still stuck in your eye. That happened to me once, and it really sucked. I had to like poke my eye and rub it to get in the center and then poke/squeeze to get it out- Took forever.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Get some eye drops for conjunctivitis from the doctor. I have had infections in my eye from contacts many times. Once you get the prescription drops you can use them again and again. :) It usually clears up pretty quickly after you start using it.

6. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

Agreed. Been there, had it. Go see your doctor before it gets worse. :apple:

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Do you have roommates, or a brother or sister? If you do, rub your eye on their pillow. It's a fun prank. I can't guarantee that it will cure you though.
    :eek: