How to get rid of "Iphone not activated".

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlphaTeam, Jan 18, 2016.

1. AlphaTeam macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

I have an old iphone 5 I want to just use as an ipod so I can take it to the gym and not worry about my regular phone getting stolen from my locker. I put an unactivated SIM in so I could use it, but it keeps popping up with the "iPhone not activated" error all the time. Is there a way to get rid of that from popping up? I don't have service and don't want service on it.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

If you put the phone in airplane mode, you won't get the message about activation. If you need to use wifi or Bluetooth, turn those on, but leave the phone in airplane mode, which will keep the cellular functions disabled, and will continue to prevent the "not activated" message.

3. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Just get a random SIM card and put it in. I believe it won't keep popping up

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Are you sure the phone is an unlocked phone. If it is not then the SIM you put in it must be from the original carrier to activate he phone. An unactivated SIM should do the job just fine but must be correct carrier.

5. AlphaTeam thread starter macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

I did and it still comes up.

I did and I still get it.
    It is not unlocked just doesn't have service. I do have a virgin sim from the original carrier in it.

6. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Do you have an active SIM from Virgin? Put it in the phone, let it activate and then put the SIM back in the phone you took it from. It needs an active SIM in order to get past the iPhone activation process.

7. AlphaTeam thread starter macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

Sorry...not it was a virgin Verizon card..meaning..never been used before. Not Virgin the carrier. sorry.

The phone works as an ipod but keeps popping up the activate message. I got past the setup process.