Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uisim151

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Milky Way, planet Earth
I know this is possible but forgot how. Does anyone know how to or have a link explaining how to get rid of the time on the statusbar while on the home screens. I want a clock/weather widget but it looks kind of dumb with the time showing in the status bar as well. Does anyone know how to make the time appear in the status bar only while in an app, safari for example, and not while on the home screen?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I know this is possible but forgot how. Does anyone know how to or have a link explaining how to get rid of the time on the statusbar while on the home screens. I want a clock/weather widget but it looks kind of dumb with the time showing in the status bar as well. Does anyone know how to make the time appear in the status bar only while in an app, safari for example, and not while on the home screen?

Flex 2 Beta can do this very easily. It's free right now cause it's in beta but once it's released it'll cost money.

I think Cloaky and Springtomize 3 can do this too.

Dicholscrn

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2009
I use cloaky and it can hide all items on the status bar individually. I was just like you in wanting a weather/time widget so I hid the clock and it looked great. Then I opened an app and the clock was still hidden which I could not do without so I have forgone the beautiful widget for the ability to see time in apps:-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.